Roadrunner Romp 2017 Tournament Rules
1. All games will be played and refereed under International Lacrosse Federation rules and CLA and BCLA Field Operating Policy. All players must be properly registered with their home associations.
2. Team officials are to report to the Tournament Check-in office (building in middle of field) at least 30 minutes prior to each game to verify game sheets:
Home Team, is responsible for supplying one person for timekeeping.
Visiting Team is responsible for supplying one person for scorekeeping.
3. All teams must be ready to start at the scheduled time. If necessary to stay on time, or catch up time, warm ups and breaks between halfâ€™s (quarters) may be reduced at the discretion of the tournament committee.
4 . Game times for all round robin and consolation games will be four 15 minute quarters with a 2 minute break between quarters and a 5 minute half time. The last 3 minutes of all games shall be stop time if the goal spread is 5 or less. There is no mercy rule. An MVP will be selected from each team at the end of all games by their own team.
5. Points are awarded as 2 points for a win, 0 points for a loss and 1 point for a tie.
6. Ties breaker for standings will be determined as follows:
Head to Head (if applicable)
Least goals against
Least penalty minutes
7. Game rules for Semi-Final and Final games. Games will consist of four 15minute quarters with a two minute break between quarters and a 5 minute break at half time. The last 3 minutes of the fourth quarter shall be stop time if margin is 5 goals or less at the 3 minute mark
In the event of the scores being tied at the end of regulation playing time, then overtime shall be played.
The following procedure shall apply:
8. Fighting will not be tolerated and will result in expulsion from the game and for the duration of the tournament.
The tournament committee reserves the right to remove from the tournament any player, coach or spectator whom behaves in a manner considered inappropriate for a minor sporting event.
Due to tournament time constraints, no protests will be entertained.
The referee call on the field is the final call.
Tournament committee decisions are final.